There comes a moment when you encounter the most dedicated Libertarian in the country and it makes you realize that you haven’t done anything to help the party nor advance the cause of Liberty.
Well, that person exists and her name is Caryn Ann Harlos and she is running to be the next Libertarian National Committee Secretary. Also known as the “Pink Flame of Liberty” Caryn Ann is the current representative for region 1 of the LNC. She has served as the communications director for the Colorado Libertarian Party.
The Libertarian Vindicator is proud to endorse Caryn Ann to be the next LNC Secretary. Here at this publication, we value hard work and dedication to the Liberty movement and Caryn Ann stands above the rest when it comes to the time she puts in for the party and the advancement of Libertarian ideals. She stands up for what is right and is not afraid to question authority whenever it presents itself to her.
There are some out there that constantly question Caryn Ann and her commitment so let us put that to rest and look at her resume for the Libertarian Party:
- National Social Media Team (August 2015- present)
- Region 1 Representative (May 2016- present)
- Advertising and Publication Review Committee (May 2016- present)
- Historical Preservation Committee- Chair (January 2017-present)
- Candidate Support Committee (August 2017-present)
- Bylaws and Rules Committee (2017-2018)
- Platform Committee-Chair (2018)
Libertarian Party of Colorado
- Social Media Chair (January 2015- present)
- Historical Committee (2016)
- Standing Rules Committee (2016-2017)
- Credentialing Committee- Chair (2016-2017)
- Bylaws Committee (October 2016-March 2017)
- 2017 Convention Planning Committee- Party Business Subcommittee Chair (2016-2017)
- Communications Director (January 2016- present)
- Platform Committee- Chair (2015-2016)
- Bylaws Committee (2015-2016)
- Platform Committee- Chair (2016-2017)
- Bylaws Committee (2016-2017)
- Policy Manual Committee (August 2017- March 2018)
- Platform Committee (2017-2018)
- Bylaws Committee (2017-2018)
- Standing Rules Committee (2018)
Libertarian Party of Douglas County
- Libertarian Party of Colorado Constitution and Bylaws Committee- Douglas County Representative (2017-2018)
- Bylaws Committee- Chair (October 2016)
Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
- Convention Committee (October 2017- present)
- Bylaws Committee (October 2017- present)
- Platform Committee (October 2017- present)
- Branding Committee (October 2016- present)
- Colorado State Coordinator (April 2016- August 2017)
- Platform Committee- Chair (October 2016- May 2017)
- Bylaws Committee (2016)
- Platform Committee (October 2015- March 2016)
- Platform Committee (September 2017- present)
- Policy Manual Committee (August 2017- present)
- Standing Rules Committee (January 2018-March 2018)
2016 Gary Johnson Campaign
- Libertarian Advisory Committee (July 2016- November 2016)
National Convention Delegate
- 2016 in Orlando
So, to me, that is quite the resume and shows her commitment to the party and movement!
I asked Caryn Ann what her top priority will be as LNC Secretary and here is what she told me. “Building the culture of support by developing relationships with each state chair to the extent they are willing so that they know they have an institutional resource on the LNC for the nuts and bolts kind of assistance. This is critical. We do not have a culture of mentorship, institutional knowledge, and the friendly warm “I got your back” support network.”
When it comes to how she will use this new position to grow the party in both membership and elections she said, “There is no outward success without strong internal infrastructure. The Secretary is the keeper of the party infrastructure in many areas- I will be the person behind the public-facing people making sure they have the information they need that are within my sphere of authority which dovetails perfectly with my Historical Preservation work.”
Caryn Ann has great ideas to fix the party and bring it forward into a political sphere that is dominated by Democrats and Republicans. It is about changing the hearts and minds of those voters and it is a tough task to do.
Again, The Libertarian Vindicator is proud and honored to endorse Caryn Ann Harlos and her candidacy to be the next secretary for the Libertarian National Committee.
You can learn more about Caryn Ann at her website.